If you love to write, then journaling or automatic writing might be the perfect outlet for you to begin to reconnect to your inner voice. It’s simple, easy and there really is no right or wrong way to get started. All you need is paper and a pen.
I’m providing some steps to help you get started, but as always, do what feels best for you.
Five steps to reconnect to your intuition through automatic writing:
- To begin, find a quiet spot where you can focus on your writing. Take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to relax.
- Set an intention for your writing. This might be to connect with your higher self or with a divine being in order to receive information. Take a few minutes to connect to your heart and feel your question or challenge.
- Next, grab your paper and pen. At the top of the page write your intention and question.
- Now allow yourself to write freely for the next 5 minutes (or as long as you need). Don’t think about it, don’t try to to make sense of what you’re writing. Just let the words flow out. No judgement.
- When you feel done, read over what you wrote and journal about what it may mean in response to your question. (You can come back to it a few days later if you need to.)
If you are unsure about what the messages mean, it might help to put your journal away for a few hours or even a few days, before coming back to it with fresh eyes.
That’s it! I like to do all of my automatic writing in one journal so that I can return to it later. I also like to finish by expressing gratitude for any wisdom that I’ve gained. Feel free to create your own little writing ritual. The more you practice automatic writing, the easier it will become and the more connected you will start to feel to your inner voice.