I recently shared how being out of alignment in your job or business could be the reason that you’re feeling unfulfilled or uninspired. I explained that aligning your inner and outer world means finding ways to let your true self shine.
In other words, finding alignment means finding ways to be true to yourself and your own authentic nature in all areas of your life.
But we all know, this is easier said than done.
Finding alignment is tricky because we don’t always recognize it as the problem. Have you ever said to yourself, “Wow, I sure feel out of alignment today.” No? Me neither.
Instead it shows up as all sorts of symptoms. You might find yourself continually bored or uninspired. You might feel more irritable than normal, frustrated or annoyed with friends, family or co-workers, or even jealous & judgmental. Or you might just have this nagging feeling that something is off.
Most of the time, we make the mistake of thinking that the object that appears to be creating our symptoms is to blame. We feel unfilled at work so we blame our job. We feel frustrated in our relationship so we blame our partner. We feel overwhelmed by our busy schedule so we blame too many commitments.
This is just scratching the surface, however.
Underneath the job, the partner or the crazy schedule is a life that is out of alignment.
Your unfulfilling job might be someone else’s dream job. The real issue is that the job isn’t right for you. Your job could be fine. Instead, it could be a matter of making some changes within your job to make it better suited to your gifts, strengths and personality.
So how do we know when we’re out of alignment? Here are seven signs that you’re out of alignment:
- You’re reading this article! (In other words, you are searching for answers because you feel like something is off or missing in your life.)
- You feel unfulfilled, uninspired or disconnected from your career, relationships or with life in general. You’ve gotten used to feeling this way and consider this your “normal”.
- You are always questioning your decisions or feeling unsure. You try to make the right choices or the smart choices because you worry what others think of you. You may judge others who don’t make what you consider to be the “right” choices too.
- You feel a twinge of jealousy when you see someone living with passion & excitement. You wonder why you haven’t experienced that in your own life, or if it’s even possible for you.
- You are always feeling exhausted or low energy. You might get temporarily inspired or motivated to make some changes, but you quickly lose steam.
- You feel like you’ve made some mistakes in your past that have led you to this point and now you’re stuck in the life you created. You often imagine what you would do differently if you could go back in time.
- You know, deep inside of you, that you’re not fully living your purpose.
If you can relate to some (or all) of these signs, then your life might be out of alignment with your authentic self. Deep down, you already know this and you’re probably reading this article because you’re ready to experience something different.
The good news is that awareness is the first step to creating change in your life. You can start making small changes that will lead you back towards a life that feels good — that feels right for you.
If you’d like support in finding alignment in your life, I can help!